Sinister: another newbie to add to the fire

Suzanne Schroeder suzsch at xxx.net
Fri Feb 6 07:15:34 GMT 1998

Well, if this isn't the scariest thing to find 75 messages in your in box
in one sitting.

I almost unsubscribed...and I did for 30 minutes, before I began to realize
that this looks like an intelligent and verbal group.  I'm guessing we all
look the same....aspiring writers, poets who aren't afraid to sit at a
coffee shop for a few hours (long after they finished their tea....yes, I'm
an American and love my hot tea) and ponder over a long verse that they've
been scribling on for the past hour.  My friends don't really know about my
near beatnik qualities because they really don't understand, but to find a
nest that even resembles it is too irresistable.

The State I am in is the 1st song of theirs I ever heard.  I was lucky to
work at a college radio station that had tigermilk in its library and since
I consider myself a conossieur of brit rock, I had to hear it.  In my 2
years of working at that station, that was the only time I truly ran out
and bought the album afterwards (I was disapointed that it wasn't
tigermilk, but I later found out why I would probably never own my own
copy).  sinister, of course is one of the few albums I can say that I pick
it up and listen to it over and over again.  The last time that happened
was when I heard a Morrissey album for the first time.....back in 1994!!!
Yeah, I lived under a rock all that time, but if you live in the right part
of the country, you can go your whole life without even hearing anything
less than Kenny G.  Since I heard that album, i was convinced there was a
CIA plot to hide all the albums I would like on the back of the shelf while
they spun 7 Mary 3 into oblivion.

There was also discussion over whether or not there are fans in the South.
Yes, I'm in austin Texas, and I think, believe it or not, that people in
this city are more open to this stuff.

I'm fascinated that the band doesn't even sit in their own photoshoots.
Are they that interested in holding onto their private lives, or do they
not want to have it all happen at once?  I could see where instant fame
would be a scary thing.  All of the sudden you are expected to do a
juggling act while standing on a stack of fine china while composing a
shakespeare sonnet.

Anyway, hope to get to know the lot of you.

Suzanne