Sinister: lazy labour leader Blair

Johnston, John CT John.Johnston at xxx.uk
Thu Feb 5 13:24:38 GMT 1998

Well someone mentioned it....

But it is with some trepidation that I post this, bearing in mind the
response to previous attempts at song-related levity. Anyhow if you
don't want to read crap lyrics to a B&S song please stop now. And
apologies for non-UK types for whom the politics may be a bit parochial.
For Genevieve's benefit I'm working on a Quebecois anthem "The Distinct
Status that I am in"...

Working at Number 10.
Hiding from Tony Benn.
Dreaming of May 1st
Dreaming of the time when people get to call you President.

On the News, On TVs
Trying oh-so-hard to please
Everyone, all the time,
Being a rebel's fine
But you go all the way to being Tory.

You might meet a Nurse tonight,
You might meet a Nurse tonight,
Do you think that she will see,
Do you think that she will see,

So let's see your plans for jobs
Find employers for yobs.
You are challenging OAPs
OAPs need to knit themselves a jumper

Yay for the Business World
You know a bloke who's Tax Free in the Treasury
And making plenty cash
While we are wondering how he did it

Meet a single mum tonight
You might meet a mum tonight
Do you think that she will see
Do you think that she will see

..

But you read in a book
that you got free from Thatch
There are lotions, there are potions
On the NHS that should be paid for privately

Crazy Mandy, all the time
Spinning lies
You are appearing on Newsnight
Trying to explain the dome and what you're gonna put inside it

Chorus...

So thank you for indulging me.

ALSO

Good to hear from Nicola M again - her posts are always quality.

List Dream No.2!! Me and Tag in a waiting room. I said "You're Mr
Sparkly Orange" He said "Yes".

I need to get a dream-life

John