Sinister: multiple reply bonanza (tiny sliver of B&S content)

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Thu Feb 5 17:12:48 GMT 1998

Hopkins T wrote:

> Miller fretted:
>         >I am having a similar problem finding something to tape for
> the
> Duke. The
>         >only thing I've got that he's not likely to have is Hawkwind
> -
> Space Ritual.
>         >What should I do?
>
> either:
> 1) tape him Hawkwind for one of his Space-Rock weekends, famed across
> the
> whole of south-West Exeter for their debauchery and tasty pastries,

/me grins at screen and chortles like a madman :-)  Then wonders if he
might actually get away with playing Hawkwind, assuming he maybe mixed
some Optical or something in with it... i did, after all, play Simple
Minds last weekend ;-)

> 2) burn your Hawkwind records and send him the ashes. He'd like that.
> Really. Wouldn't you Dukester?

ah, the smell of burning Porg-rock vinyl in the morning...

> 3) Do yourself a favour and get on a plane, then a train, then a taxi
> to the
> Duke's very own brilliant club night in sunny Exeter. It is a room
> which
> truly lives.

lives for tasty pastries, to be accurate... Tim, how much do you want
paying for your delightful publicity? I haven't played any B&S for a
little while actually... must make up for it this weekend, maybe with
Fox in The Snow with some nice beats, or something similar.  Tried The
Byrds 'Everybody's Been Burned' with Tek 9 last week and it sounded
lovely.

> It said on the telly this morning that Duke is the 4th most popular
> male
> dog's name in the UK. I can't believe that's true....

only 4th... sheesh.

> That's all for now. There may not be much B&S here but at least it's
> only
> one easy-to-delete message.

and another one...

keep the faith,