Sinister: The teddybears' picnic

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Thu Feb 5 20:03:49 GMT 1998

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, David & Katrina wrote:

> thinking about it, arranging a date now is a fine idea, except, the
> longest day is aslways glastonbury week, and though we may slag it into
> the mud from which it came, i bet a lot of people will go and our picnic
> would be scuppered.
>
> any other good dates though? how about the monday the 4th may, for the
> first one (May Day)?
>
> david

Isn't the longest day on a Saturday this year? Which would make it
perfect, we can all congregate in London or Glasgow or wherever on the
Saturday lunchtime, and just stay there till Sunday lunchtime without
anyone missing work! (Oh, and on a more selfish note that's the weekend
between my end of term and graduation so I'm free ;-}). Have the
dates for Glastonbury been announced yet? Mayday would also be good (and
sooner...), but people will have to leave early to get back for work the
next morning; how about the day before, and just keep on partying until
Monday?

Also, if we're going to sort out a date now, we'd better have a location
(or at least a city) as well.

Of course we all know who we'd like to provide the music... maybe that's
asking a bit much...

The Tall Git