Sinister: retsiniS

David & Katrina bluesoda at xxx.uk
Thu Feb 5 23:40:27 GMT 1998

Laurel Girvan wrote:

> aaaaanyway, i haven't been posting much, so just imagine me dipping my
> intimidated lil toes into a pool of big bad pop professors and lit crit
> curmudgeons.
>
> david, i implore you i beg and plead (and you won't see this again so get
> a good look) not to hold the picnic on may 1.  pleeeeeeeese with clasped
> hands and sorrowful glances, can it be scheduled in june or later?  sorry
> as this is a completely selfish request but i'm sure a couple of other
> traveling lassies will add their own pitiful requests.

i won't be doing just one picnic silly! there's no reason why we can't
do several, i mean the whole summer doesn't have to start and end in one
day, there's months of it.

so we could do a trail run picnic in may (one in scotland, one in
london, and does anyone else have a location in mind? (it would be nice
to represent the us if a lot of people were in one area).

then come june, we try and organise one big spectacular picnic, a day or
two of heaven, with a maybe a few small ones in other places so people
don't miss out.

suit everyone?

> and don't anyone dare be anything less than charitable and lovely to
> honeypaul, or you'll deal with ME!  (paul honey, you and teddy can come
> out from under the couch now, s'ok.)

since when am i anything less than charitable, he's a doll.

> oh and i just figured out something last night.  from what i understand
> the band chat will require spectators to be logged in to two rooms at once
> - sinister and jeepster.  i regret to inform you that people with some
> strange (older?) version of globalchat will  not be able to do that, so
> UPGRADE.  i think you can get a better version from links to david's page,
> if i'm wrong i'm sure he'll post a correction.

perfectly right, but if you 've seen another chat program you'd rather
use than that's fine too.
nearly every chat program is available on nearly every platform by
visiting ftp://ftp.undernet.org/pub/irc/clients/ which you can put into
your browser and just go through normally (providing your browser can
use ftp, which most can)

> *phew* what a relief, post done, signing off, now i just hope someone
> actually reads it, or reads it and doesn't immediately strike my name from
> their 'people in the world that i might someday want to know' list.

as you can see laurel, you're efforts were not in vain, cos here is one
person who paid attention enough to even reply. :)

david

--
                 Belle and Sebastian Fan Club
     merchandise, mail-outs, chat, lyrics, poetry, fiction
               mailto:bluesoda at totalweb.co.uk