Sinister: hal hartley

**Megan Lehar** mkl206 at xxx.edu
Fri Feb 6 00:21:19 GMT 1998

At 10:15 PM 2/5/98, Giuseppe Gregorini wrote:
>Tag wrote (about Hal Hartley):
>

>>The boy's right.  Anyone who can cast the luscious Isabelle Hupert as
>>a 'choosy' nymphomaniac porn writing nun, have Pavement songs on the
>>soundtrack, and direct a dance scene (to Sonic Youth) ....
>
>and direct a beautiful scene in a NY train station (I can't remember which
>one) with Elina L. listening to a Bettie  Serveert song and...........

i love hal hartley too, and i believe the film geuseppe's referring to (and
definitely the one tag is referring to) is amateur.  i think somehow, his
films are similar to hal hartley songs in the mixture of sensuality and
naivete.  at least i feel a similarity, you know, the way you just kind of
connect these two things.  oh well, anyway, more to the point, matador
released the soundtrack to amateur, so now that b&s are on the label,
wouldn't it be absolutely brilliant if they contributed to the soundtrack
for the next film?  ideally, i'd love them to make up the entire
soundtrack, but i'm afraid i may be hoping for too much there.  a
collaboration between b&s and hal hartley though, i'd love to see that.

xox
megan

mkl206 at is8.nyu.edu

visit the magnetic fields web page at: