Sinister: hal hartley and felt.

jonathan shainin j.shainin at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 6 17:28:11 GMT 1998

the commotion of the list has stirred me into trying to just say a great
number of things at once, especially relating to the recent talk of both
felt and hal hartley, what with me having just returned from watching
amateur and flirt a half hour ago.

hartley: i don't know how many b&s fans like the man, since the connection
isn't apparent (indie rock on the soundtracks, i guess?) but he's speaking
in london tomorrow at the ICA, i think at 2 pm. just thought i'd see if
anyone else was going.

as to felt, that line from i don't love anyone has always been one of my
favorite, but in disagreement with matt, i'd have to side with "the
pictorial jackson review" as the finest felt record, if only for its pure
devotion to short pop songs. when i got to london last month, the only two
tapes i listened to, partially to make myself feel better about being here
were that, and tigermilk. i find that i never really seem to get tired of
tigermilk, like i can listen to it eight or ten times in a row without ever
getting bored at all. surely i can't be the only one that thinks this?

jonathan.