Sinister: A crack in the pavement

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 6 18:58:48 GMT 1998

On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Elisabeth Zachariassen wrote:

> On the subject of walkmans:
> Once I was walking and listening to radioheads "ok computer", and just as
> gorgeous Thom sang the line "you watch your feet for cracks in the
> pavement", a person in front of me slipped in a crack in the pavement. It
> made me smile.

It must have been a very big crack if someone slipped into it...

On the subject of books, I'm not a great reader, but I would recomend Nick
Hornby's "High Fidelity" to anyone. It's about being obsessed with music,
which I guess we all are, and being obsessed with love, which I think most
people are. Whenever I read it I find I would think and do exactly the
same things in the same situation, and so do most other people I know
who've read it. I don't know how, but it seems to convey what people (and
particularly men) think better than any book I've ever read.

The Lightning Seeds - you may not think of them as anything other than a
'perfect pop' band, but they are incredible live, there's so much energy
in the performance. Add to that the fact that whether you know it or not,
you will recognise and like every song they play, and it's a great night
out. My God! I actually agree with Northy on something! What's happening
to me?

The Tall Git
(going for a long lie down...)