Sinister: I'm just out of the trees

Essexdog5 at xxx.com Essexdog5 at xxx.com
Sat Feb 7 00:21:51 GMT 1998

In a message dated 2/6/98  5:19:27PM, you write:

 >But you must have read at least one fiction book, Keith. Surely? My aim in
 >life is to write the kind of book that people who never read books read,
 and
 >then they go on and on about it for the rest of their lives, because it was
 >really good, but they never seem to feel the urge to read another. >>

Why has no-one yet mentioned Paul Auster? The descriptions of the beauty of
coincidence and relatively 'trivial' yet profound incidents in the likes of
Moon Palace or City Of Glass are surely a lot closer to B&S's emotional
landscape than the likes of Camus, Sartre... or anything else from the Manics
reading list, for that matter.