Sinister: Converting friends to B&S

Essexdog5 at xxx.com Essexdog5 at xxx.com
Sun Feb 8 16:30:23 GMT 1998

I've successfully turned on two friends to B&S so far (one of whom is at
school and listens to Expectations in the corner of the classroom during
lunchbreaks in a "this is the story of my life" kinda way, which is surely the
way B&S should be appreciated).

Anyway, another mate has at last played the compilation I made for him over
six months ago, and here is his 'critique' (well, it made me grin):-

"I actually played the B&S today - what a bunch of ass kicking rock
n roll.
 Some of the lyrics were quite interesting - the one about the gay
brother - but that cut out half way through.  I dont know why they
have to have so many people in the group when there is just that
bloke with the whining voice and acoustic (YUK) guitar and the
drummer who seemed to be playing in a different room. People actually
get excited about this? I must be out of touch. I may play the
second side around July."

This man is doing a pop quiz at the Retro Bar in London on Tuesday. Do feel
free to go along and heckle.
Stephen.