Sinister: Her daddy was a bank robber (NBS)

Samiam samiam2 at xxx.com
Sun Feb 8 22:53:33 GMT 1998

Now someone mentioned they'd like to hear some band recommendations.  I
have two, one you've probably not heard of and one you probably have
heard.  The first is Red House Painters.  They are from San Francisco,
play mostly acoustic, very melancholic songs.  They sound a lot like
Nick Drake, but I like them much more.  The second band I recommend is
the Trash Can Sinatras.  They sound like a cross between Aztec Camera
and Smiths.  The lyrics are filled with witty double meanings and word
play.

I was in a pub a few days ago and heard a PIL song I hadn't heard in
ages.  The chorus goes 'may the road rise with you' and 'anger is an
energy' or something like that.  What is the name of that song.  Poor
'old' Johnny...I heard Sid Vicisous' version of Sinatras 'My Way' the
other day, rather interesting.  The Bluebells are currently in the cd
player, when was the last time you heard that name?  What do you all
think of the Wild Swans?

Samiam