Sinister: Re:woah hoo woah hoo whoah

Jeni421 at xxx.com Jeni421 at xxx.com
Mon Feb 9 05:57:47 GMT 1998

In a recent letter, Genevive said:
<there was a heated (well not heated..lukewarm maybe) discussion about
<topless bars and B&S...I don't know...stripping to B&S? I thought that music
<ahs to be like 'happy birthday mister presidennntt...' i mean,whenever I
<hear photo jenny..i jsut do soem cheezy finger snaps...but then again,(uh
<oh..another story....I guess if you sung Photo Jenny like 'theyy....got
<...the ooh ahhh..druuuggggggggs...*wink wink* i could  *fling off goes the
<clothes!) use them...but then i don't need any...' and so on and so on....
<and ummm...
Actually, as odd as it may seem, it's not like that at all at least where I
work. Noone dances to that sort of thing anymore, maybe in films and in the
50s but that time is gone. It's just techno and heavy metal mostly. But not
for meActually for me it's got more to do w/performance than nudity. Anyone
can take their clothes off, right? But it takes work to make a song that
does't lend itself to that sort of environment work. See what I mean? If one
can successfully dance to something noone else would think of to dance to and
coincidentally something she loves, then she's got one up on those who stick
w/general heavy rotation hits. In that one, they've never heard it before and
it doesn't fit the bill of what they may expect, therefore it is going to
attract attention (be it positve or negative) to the one dancing to it.
Thereby resulting in being seen(which could result in tips) or at least by
expressing individuality in a place where one is expected to be void of mind
and personality. Also, if one has the advantage of having strong emotional
attachment to a particular song and goes out on stage and acts out the way it
makes her feel the performance can come out far better than it would if she
were dancing to something that just has a good beat. Therefore, I would say
that it is at least for a rare few a form of art and interpretation in a
performance setting that does not have the status that theatre or modern dance
has, but if you use it in that way, it can come out well.
Jeni, the far too serious at times