No subject

ELIZABETH DAPLYN EDAPLYNR3N00297 at xxx.uk
Mon Feb 9 14:17:56 GMT 1998

	Hello people.  I got back from France at 11:00 last Friday
night, having had nish sleep the whole week.  Looking at Picassos when
you've got a furry tingue is not a pleasant experience, believe you me,
amigos.  Don't drink tequila.  Anyhoo, I had a fab time dans Paris,
especially at the new Arman exhibition at the Jeu de Paume in the
Jardins Tuileries.  Oo-er, I've gone all art-name-dropping suddenly...
	Anyway, despite the bacchanalian revels during the week, I got
up on Saturday, went to Music Centre in the morning (aargh!  I've
forgotten how to play the flute!), and stayed up to go see John Hegley
in the evening in Cantebury.  He was absoloutment fantastique, despite
having forgotten he had a gig that evening and turning up an hour or so
late.  He forgot his slides, too, and had to draw on the stage with
chalk.

	So, I've just read through a massive load of mail (thank Someone
for the digest version) and am now ready to begin my assault on a
startlingly witty reply to all points of relevance from the aforesaid.

	Tindersticks: Cherry Blossoms is a beautiful, beautiful song,
and not understanding what in the name of little baby prawns Ol' Gravel
Voice is going on about doesn't stop me singing it incessantly (an
octave higher than he does) for a while after I've been listening to it.
Three am, six feet down, already up with the lark...WHAT?!?!?  Song For
Those Not So Beautiful is gorgeous too.  Has anyone else got the
limited-edition Live at the Bloomsbury Theatre album?  This is one of
the (very) few lim-ed things I own, as I'm a high-street kinda girl: no
indie-kid shops around Medway.  We have our own equivalent of Casuals
who look at me strangely as I wander around Chatham in hippy skirts and
wierd t-shirts, not realising that their horrible puffa jackets and gold
jewellery make them look like Michelin Men on the game.

	B&S cover versions: I dunno, I think it'd work quite well with
Tanya Donelly doing the girly bit in Lazy Line Painter Jane, but I'm not
sure who else would fit in for the rest of it.  She did that guest bit
on Judy's Staring At The Sun by Catherine Wheel ages ago, but which I
was chuffed to find as one of the b-sides on Delicious a wee while back.
Well, I liked it...  Also: whoever said Stephen Duffy should do any B&S
cover - I LOVE YOU!  How amazingly right would that be?

	I'm now going to thank the marvellous people who have sent me
wonderful tapes of wonderful stuff by wonderful bands in return for
Tigermilk (so I should first thank myself [and my stereo] for
proselytising B&S back catalogue around the globe).  Thank you all for
Pavement, Orange Juice, Guided By Voices, Field Mice, Fantastic
Something, Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, other really ace stuff...  I am now
slightly less ingnorant than I was before, and this can only be a good
thing, I feel.  I'm also really chuffed 'cause I got the Beth Orton
album the other day and have been listening to it muchly.  I Wish I
Never Saw The Sunshine is just heartbreaking.  I'm always getting that
funny achy-sinuses-about-to-cry feeling now when I listen to all this
beautiful music.

Can I join the eec club?

"i thank heaven someone's crazy enough to give me a daisy"

Sorry, can't remember the formatting or even if those are exactly the
right words at the moment, but it's from the end of the one about the
clown on the corner of the street.  Anyone like T.S.Eliot?

QuoteQuoteQuote:

<<Yes, it was lovely to see such beautifully structured arguments that
in no way made Belle & Sebastian 'fans' look like the satchel-carrying,
scarf-wearing,
bicycle-riding knee-jerk-offs that the 'meeja' (whoever they may be)
will no
doubt condemn us/you/ whoever as...>>

	I like my satchel.  And my scarf.  This is all I have to say on
the matter.  Blah blah blah.

	En el asunto of B&S videos, didn't anyone else see the couple of
times they showed LLPJ on the Chart Show, and the time they had DOW on?
I did, because I still watch the pile of filth in case something good
comes on (once in a very blue lunar cycle).  However, I didn't tape it
because (a) I didn't have a tape handy, (b) because it's really annoying
having things taped off the Chart Show, because of those
faux-video-instruction icon thingies and (c) they never show the whole
video anyway, and I can't stand the stress of shouting at the bastard
programmers all my life.  So there.

I think that was about the longest email I've ever written, and I
apologise profusely to anyone I may have offended, alienated, bored etc.
Ho hum.
ByeBye.

          Au revoir,
                        Liz.