Sinister: No Northy, No Comment

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Mon Feb 9 19:07:08 GMT 1998

PJMiller wrote:

> I have finally bitten the bullet, thrown caution to the wind and
> started
> work on Duke's tape.

glad to hear it... i must therefore get to grips with the reciprocal
tape :-)  i have a million squillion tapes to do at the moment, it's
kind of scary...

> This gave me an idea for a fantastic competition.
> Anyone who wants to enter has to send Duke a tape. You get so many
> points
> for including a track that Duke hasn't actually got, and extra points
> if
> Duke actually likes it. The point sytem will be pretty complicated,
> and
> you're not allowed to include Hawkwind or Led Zep, 'cos that's
> cheating.

but i was feeling particularly perverse on the day i get a particular
tape i might award bonus points for being so brazen.

> Duke then works out the scores on the doors, which are displayed in
> highly
> animated form in his website on a feature called the Duke-o-Meter, or
> better
> still, Duke Box Dury.

i laughed and i laughed and i ... you get the picture :-)  i obvioulsy
love this idea and if i get the time this week will post a new section
on the web site dedicated to it...  anyone daft enough to actually want
to enter can feel free!  shall have to think up some beezer prize
though.  How about a night on the tiles with the Duke and Duchess in
their funfilled home-town of Exeter?  Boy can we show you the lights...
Don't believe the geezer from LA who said it was 'so pastoral'.  Sheesh.

> The lowest scoring tapes are awarded a Nick Hornby
> Bald Patch,

anyone got a picture of the man?  i must scour the web in search of the
bald patch.

> while any high scorers are declared...

ace :-)  and get a big snog.Maybe we can have an award for the tape with
the lowest score and one for the highest.  we could call one of the
awards a Northy and one a Northy's Labour voting whatsit... not that you
could tell the difference these days.  sigh.

listening to a tape of Dub Sex and thinking, um, Laugh.  good, in case
you were wondering.

respect kids,

the duke

--