Sinister: Obituary: Falco 19## - 1998

MRissb7989 at xxx.com MRissb7989 at xxx.com
Tue Feb 10 00:57:03 GMT 1998

Risso writes....

Hmmm, not much of one as I don't know when he was born or anything, but the
sad news is that legendary eighties Austrian superstar Falco died in a car
crash today...and I thought his death merited a comment or two.  I was a bit
of a fan in the eighties when I was but a bairn (OK 14 and old enough to know
better), and have FOUR albums (hands up who didn't know there were that many),
..oh and a few singles and 12"s. So I was sad, sue me.

OK it all seems lame as cheese as now, but I tend to associate all music, good
and bad, with the things that were happening in my life at the time, and
Vienna Calling (the follow up to Rock Me Amadeus, no.1 for years) which got to
no. 10 itself, and which Sam Fox reviewed in Smash Hits, reminds me of a a
balmy summer's night in Amiens in Northern France on a school trip, when I was
ripped off my tits on Stella for the first time and snogged a French lass
called erm, well I forget but anyway that's not important.  What I mean is
that that song still brings back wonderful memories and as such at the moment
I wouldn't trade it in for anything.

So this isn't exactly "Candle in the Wind" but well, it's 1 in the morning and
the best I could do under such extreme shock....

Albums I own:
Junge Roemer
Falco 3 (An absolute classic, stuff yer Tigermilks)
Emotional
Wiener Blut

Singles and 12"s
Rock Me Amadeus
Vienna Calling
Jeannie
Emotional
Body Next to Body
Der Kommisar

Oh yes indeed!!  Send tapes to.....!!

Risso

PS. Does this count as "Doing a Northy?"  or is it more of a "Steaming pile of
Begbie?"