Sinister: How to Endure Mundane Tasks.

Huw Jenkins Huw.Jenkins at xxx.uk
Tue Feb 10 14:18:42 GMT 1998

Ichy da all,
	This is my first entry for the sinister page and I thought I'd
let you know how I was inspired to Join......

I first heard of B & S through a friend of mine who told that they were
the greatest band thing since Tom Jones.  I usually find my friends
musical opinions to carry much credit but I never really found the time
to lilsten to a tape of thiers which he had leant me (obviously this
tape was not a copy -I'm far to afriad of going to jail).  Time passed
and I still hadn't listened to it until one day when it came to be my
turn to do the washing up in the house, which I despise doing,  I came
across the B&S tape which he had leant to me.  So I wacked the tape on
and got stuck in.  From this point on I didn't notice the fetid stench
of a 3 day matured curry, nor the bits of moldy food clinging to my
skin, instead I sailed away on the beatifull melodies that Belle &
Sebastian sent to me.  I was alieviated from my suffering and I never
wanted to return.  I never wanted those dishes to get clean, I just
wanted to stay by my sink and daydream forever.

This effect also takes hold of me when I'm at work, I can just think of
a Belle & Sebastian song in my mind and just drift

Until next time,
		Huw