Sinister:Re:Acid House

MATTHEW JON MILLER mjm97 at xxx.uk
Tue Feb 10 16:32:31 GMT 1998

Hi everyone!
Acid House was a wonderful collection of short stories - did anyone see the
dramatisation of The Grantham Star Cause on Channel 4 a while back? -
though my favourite would have to be 'The Two Philosophers'.  Anyway, The
Marabou Stork Nightmares is a rather surreal read from Welsh's pen which
explores all sorts of themes from unusual perspectives.  Good stuff but
different to Trainspotting.

And vaguely with a B&S theme...
Perhaps this is a bit way off, but, can anyone empathise with the
connection I see between the music of B&S and themes of 'unrequited love'
explored in Thomas Hardy novels?

Cheerie-bye,
Mat.