Sinister: URGENT Columbo-B&S-bassist-non-sock-Mathis request

Jonathan Wren jwg.wren at xxx.com
Wed Feb 11 00:50:47 GMT 1998

Honey wrote:

> This is the weirdest email Paul has sent...
>
> Want a night out with Stuart David (sort of)?  Have access to acres of 70s
> US cop videos?  Stuart is DESPERATELY looking for videos of "Columbo" for
> a spoken word gig he is doing in Glasgow very very soon - he needs a video
> within the next 2-3 days.  This is NOT a B&S sock-related dream.  Or a
> list manager pisstake.  He wants the stuff at the end where Columbo croaks
> his denouement of the devillish misdemeanour.  Videos of Wings of Desire
> will sadly not do, which I bet you arty lot have by the truckload.
>
> He's promised that if anyone can come up with the goods they will get an
> hour's free chat with him on IRC - if I were you I'd worry what WWW sites
> he will take you to.
>
> If anyone has one, or indeed the whole Columbo collection could they email
> ME as fast as their little legs can carry them?  I guess it'll probably
> have to be UK because quite seriously he needs them pronto.
>
> Honestly I am not taking the mickey.  Unless he is.
>
> Oh, and while we're at it, this is a World Appeal for a karaoke tape of
> "When A Child Is Born" by our favourite Johnny.  Chris Leonard is too shy
> to ask, but really he needs one so that he can embarrass his family on UK
> TV all the way back to the Shelleys.
>
> Honey xxx
>
> --
> Thank you for not discussing the outside world.

Unfortunately, I am able to meet Mr David's request.

What I would like to know is when we can get B&S on IRC, in the near future.
Preferably before Monday as I will be heading back for Dundee then.( I realise
this is an impossible request\) God, I only have Kula Shaker on April 1st to
look forward to. And that really isn't much.

Could you also ask when I'm likely to get my Ink Polaroids and Movies as I am
currently dying? And I wish someone could get me away from Ilford cos it's a
fookin' shite hole!

Yours in drunkeness and next day regret,

Jon

Thank you for not discussing my love life.

"When your legs are black and blue..."