Sinister: Bands Of Old

The wet trousers of John Prescott rod at xxx.com
Wed Feb 11 13:18:21 GMT 1998

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Richard Anderson wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I still have Cd's by Hootie,

Never bought any.

> Crash Test Dummies

Liked "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm", bought the album, didn't like it much.

> and Rembrandts

Did they do /anything/ other than the Friends theme?

And does anyone still remember who sang "Breakfast At Tiffany's"?  Into
the "Where Are They Now?" file, so young!

> and
> vynils by Bucks Fizz and Shaking Stevens.  They helped make my musical
> tastes what they are today.

Bucks Fizz were pretty good, but I never much cared for Shakie.  Which is
strange, cause I think Jimmy Ray's two singles are pretty damn fine.

Erm.. pop foibles from my past:  first single bought: Tanita Tikaram's
"Good Tradition".  first CD bought: "Jive Bunny: The Album" (I wanted to
buy Sgt.Pepper, but the Asda hypermarket had sold out, so I bought Jive
Bunny instead).  And my first real fandom was (as already revealed on the
list) Betty Boo, who I still love to pieces.  Alison Clarkson was her real
name, IIRC.

Favourite single of all time (at the moment): Deeeeeeeeelite - Groove is
in the heart which is just *FANTASTIC* and I always request when I'm at a
club.  That and Jive Bunny.

> Currently in my room at uni we are having a
> Jason Donovan revival, does anybody else feel this way inclined?

What's he up to these days?  Last I heard, he OD'd on heroine at The Viper
Rooms, just like Johnny Depp.

Shame, cause Ten Good Reasons was an alright album (except there were
eleven tracks on it)

Rod.

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |