Sinister: We're taking over the world...

poetry place2 poetryplace2 at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 11 13:45:19 GMT 1998

We are you know. It seems like I can't step out my front door without
tripping over stray sinisterines. (incidentally, "sinisterine" reminds me
of "listerine", especially the dragon with haliotosis and Leslie Phillips'
voice).
Just last night I was out at the Poetry Library on the Southbank, filling
in my borrowing form. "I know that name" says the girl behind the desk.
"um, I work for the Poetry Society" says I, a little sheepishly. "No, no,
you're from the Belle and Sebastian mailing list, aren't you???!!!!" Our
celebrity knows no bounds...

Meester Meeller wrote:
>One other thing: As far as I am aware, no one has repoted back about
>Trousers' Big Night Out. How did the Poetry Society regulars react to an
>indie-schmindie invasion?

Funny you should mention it, as I've just got the ink polaroids back from
the developers. It was a terrific night, and in fact we plan to hold a
similar event on the first Friday of every month. Come and join us!!

Here's a polaroid from the cafe..

>We're all gathered around the scrabble board. In the foreground there is
Peter-Peter Opium Eater who >has somehow joined our group. If you look
closely you can see a copy of Catcher in the Rye in his >pocket. He has
just told Tag "I'd rather be a smackhead than middleclahhhss". You can just
about see >the witty retort forming in Tag's mind. To the right, Andy is
rubbing his hands together in glee as he >reaps another triple word score.
On the left Katrina is trying to persuade James that "rek" is a real word.
>In the background David and Susannah are plunging the corkscrew into
another bottle of wine.

Later that evening I had the latest in my series of list-dreams. I dreamt
that I was sharing a bed with Tag, and as he tossed and turned in his
sleep, his lily-white legs were glinting in the moonlight.

I'm sure it was a dream. Wasn't it? WASN'T IT??

Trousers
xxxxxxx

The Poetry Society Website: http://www.poetrysoc.com