Sinister: Bands Of Old

Schaffenberger kschaffe at xxx.edu
Wed Feb 11 14:49:19 GMT 1998

I can't say that I have many bad CD's (Afghan Whigs, maybe?  Or some of
the Seatlle bands circa 1991-92?), but I have a horrible confession to
make.  Sarah's notes on Saved by the Bell gave me the courage to say this
without fear of being unsubscribed by my fellow listees.  Whenever I hear
"Like Dylan in the Movies," I see the faint, but definitely recognizable
silhouette of James Dean.  I never thought much about that association
until I paused to reconsider...only to realize that it is not James Dean
I see.  It is LUKE PERRY, aka Dylan McKay of the popular American
television series Beverly Hills, 90210.  When I hear "It's not your money
that they're after, biy, it's you..." I remember those first Dylan
episodes when Brenda and Kelly were both crushie on Mr. McKay.  In
particular, I think of the episode in which Brenda dyed her hair blonde
to attract his attention.  Of course, this was long before anyone knew of
Dylan's wealth, hence, Brenda and Kelly weren't after his wallet, they
were just after his elusive persona.

Hiding my Head in the Sand,
Kristen