Sinister: nme/enemy

Tara Widmer TWidmer at xxx.com
Wed Feb 11 20:06:51 GMT 1998

Somebody's (Rod?) trousers wrote:

> and Rembrandts
>>Did they do /anything/ other than the Friends theme?

Yes yes they had a minor "hit" with a far less annoying tune way before
that - here in america anyway - "That's just the way it is baby".
URRRGH that Friends theme is one of the worst ever!!!
It sounds like a Rutles cover band to me. or something.

>>And does anyone still remember who sang "Breakfast At Tiffany's"?
Into
the "Where Are They Now?" file, so young!
That would be Deep Blue Something (or more appropriately Deep Brown
Something, har har) and they are relegated to the "Where are they now?"
history bin with good reason.  They were crap.

>>What's he up to these days?  Last I heard, he OD'd on heroine at The
Viper
Rooms, just like Johnny Depp.
NO NO NO darling you've got it all wrong!!  Johnny Depp owns the club,
'twas River Phoenix who OD'd.  Ah River was so lovely, I had such a
crush on him.  The way he was so into animal rights and whatnot.....Then
when he overdosed, people were like, "What? He couldn't have done drugs,
he was a vegetarian!" like that makes a difference or something.
I met this boy on New Years Eve, who looked just like River circa "Stand
By Me" only the boy was from iceland, which made him slightly cooler.
And the fact that he wasn't dead like River made him more appealing
too......

I'm sorry for all these corrections and stuff, I hate that I'm so picky
but can't help it... did anybody ever read "Sassy" a few years back? one
of their glossary terms was "smitty" : someone really anal who is always
correcting others etc.
I guess that's me, eek!

Talking about cheesy shows like "BH90210" ... I guess I can admit to a
"Party of Five" addiction.  Does anybody else notice that, with her new
haircut, Claudia looks exactly like Bernard Butler?!!?!

anyway here's some belle content.
One of my favorite  lines goes something like "the only thing keeping me
here til spring is the promise of happiness in a certain person"(?)

The NME has something about "B&S being far too boring" to be part of a
Europop revival, in an article on that "Barbie girl" band.  What's their
damage?? Such pointless slagging....

anyway there's the end of my pointless missive....
"tonight, matthew, I will be Mariah Carey"