Sinister: the soundtrack of your life.

Michi Kobayashi mkobayas at xxx.edu
Thu Feb 12 01:01:59 GMT 1998

hullo boys and girls,
i was just reading an article about two ladies who find music for movies...
bascially, they get to read the script to movies and try and fit certain
songs for certain scenes etc...

so, it got me thinking...if you were to put a soundtrack together to
represent your short or long life...which 12 songs would you put on it?  i
know it's quite hard to put 12 songs to your life..no hard thinking
required, whatever comes to your mind is fine...to make it, belle and
sebastian-like, try and incorporate as many b&s songs into your soundtrack!

here is michi's soundtrack: (in no particular order) i wrote some of the
lyrics down to reflect on the life that i've lead...(quite sad one that is..)

1-) put the book back on the shelf: belle and sebastian: you came to dance,
but     there's no poignancy when they all leave you standing alone...
2-)mary jo, belle and sebastian:  life is never dull in your dreams....
3-)boy(girl) done wrong again: hang your head in shame and cry your life
away,
what is it i must do to pay for all my crimes?
4-)get me away from here, i'm dying: the title is self-explanatory.
5-)hawaiian baby: spinanes: it's my heart but it doesn't fit yours...(always
happens to me, can't reciprocate my feelings back to whomever is madly in
love with me...am i too picky?)
6-)corcovado: astrud gilberto: i was lost and lonely, believing life was
only a    bitter tragic joke i found with you..the meaning of existence....
7-)preciso decir que te amo: bebel gilberto and cazuza: to lose or to win,
with
no chances, i must say i love you.
8-)refractions in the plastic pulse: stereolab: i need someone intoxicating
and    strong..
9-)inner city life: goldie, big city lover: dj krush. (i've always been
suited
for city life. although, it is quite impossible to live that way in a
suburban pink utopia.)
10-)i miss you: bjork: i miss you but i haven't met you yet...
11-)ask: the smiths: shyness can stop you from doing all the things in life
you'd like to...(i'm incredibly shy.)
12-)good cop, bad cop: everything but the girl: i know it's wrong to feel
this
way, i know it's wrong i know it's bad, to only see what isn't there, to want
 and want and never have, but you know there's more to me now don't you?
 you'll always cover for me, won't you?