Sinister: re: videos (and tape trading)

andrew dean koogydelbbog at xxx.com
Thu Feb 12 23:13:41 GMT 1998

Sinister: Videos

AD Hillmann, FV37 (ah6991 at bristol.ac.uk)
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 14:21:43 +0000 (GMT)

>Hey People with websites (and Jeepster esp), how about putting the ep
>videos onto websites so that those of us unlucky enough not to have mtv
>can have a look?

>(Or are there size/legal problems?)

ha, got it in one! i had 15 seconds or so of 'dog on wheels' digitised
and viewable but it was 2Mbytes in size. the 2 minutes of 'llpj' i had
was 8Mbytes*. even this large the quality was rather poor. there's also
the actual job of getting hold of the things in the first place - i was
lucky to catch the snippets i have. there are stills on the website but
no moving stuff.

(*i know, i could never figure out what i did to the second video to get
it to have twice the compression factor of the first...)

>It's only fair, the rest of us need to catch up, and we could do this
>before people spend extortionate amounts of money on swapping videos...

but money spent on videos / music must be disposable income anyway so
what does it matter what you spend it on. if it's not disposable income
and should be spent on food or bills or whatever then you are stupid.

oh, and another thing, i go and offer to partner tigermilkless people up
with people willing to do copies and people still post requests to the
list. why? haven't you people read the archives? dumbasses. the offer
still stands btw. currently i have 2 people in england wanting copies
and 3 people in the states(?) and one in thailand (hi!) willing to do
copies. send me (me, koogydelbbog at yahoo.com) your name and location if
you want to be added. just keep the requests off the list, ok?

(leslie, gez, your tapes went off this morning, bajinder, yours will go
off on saturday, nathan - yours is done but not enveloped yet, maybe
tomorrow)

have fun at snow patrol tonight those of you who are going. reports
tomorrow would be nice.

oh, and tag, that wasn't my sobriety i was proving but my advanced
intellect. 8) besides, i was in a team with the smackhead so i guess it
balanced out. one of the words he suggested was 'aquaern' which would
have been good, 7 letters and all, an extra 50 points. if only it
existed... 8)

andy
am i fluffy enough for yer?