Sinister: sinister-notes from the minister

Mike Newman mike at xxx.uk
Thu Feb 12 18:29:51 GMT 1998

Mark Howson wrote:

> He has starred in films, hasn't he?
>
> In fact, he was in a film called 'Don't look back', as well as some others
> I can't remember. Ummm... title sounded like a cowboy film...errr...

Yep, apart from the dreadful "Hearts of Fire" (see previous post), he was in
Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid (1973ish), which was an OK western where he
didn't do/say much, and the amazing "Don't Look Back" (1965) directed by
D.A.Pennebaker. A supposedly "fly on the wall" documentary made on his last
acoustic-only tour of the UK. Is he playing up to the camera? You decide. He
made another film the following year with Pennebaker, which is more honest
(Bob throwing up on John Lennon in a taxi), but it never made it to the
silver screen...bootlegs have surfaced under the title "Eat The Document".