Sinister: Dylan in the Movies

Richard rclander at xxx.net
Fri Feb 13 03:43:25 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: MATTHEW JON MILLER <mjm97 at xxx.uk>
To: sinister at majordomo.net <sinister at majordomo.net>
Date: 13 February, 1998 1:51
Subject: Sinister: Dylan in the Movies

>If I remember correctly Bob Dylan has appeared in the odd film or two - a
>version of Billy the Kid (the significance of 'Don't look back perhaps...?)
>and, more recently, Hearts of Fire which was simply terrible.

Absolutely right. It was a film called Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid. Kris
Kristofferson played Billy and James Coburn as Garrett. Dylan played a sort
of wandering wild west minstrel. Hearts Of Fire really was a stinker of a
movie. Rupert Everett playing a rock star? Good grief.

The 'Don't Look Back' I guess refers to the film made by D.A. Pennebaker of
Dylan's 1965 British tour.
There was also a film called Renaldo & Clara he appeared in, I think its a
concert film but I don't know anything else about it.

Richard Lander
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/4039573
rclander at netfront.net