Sinister: Loving Spoonfull and Ink Photographs

Schaffenberger kschaffe at xxx.edu
Fri Feb 13 18:26:18 GMT 1998

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Jonathan Wren wrote:

> I was eating my breakfast yesterday when, on Melody Radio (my parents
> choice NOT mine!) a song came on by a group called Loving Spoonfull.
> Now, the song was pretty insipid cack (it was on Melody, after all) but
> the singer's voice was very, very similar to Stuart Murdoch's. Anyone
> else heard of this group/singer?

  Yes, as my father is an international lounge singer, and I had to grow up
unconciously learning words to songs by Billy Joel, Frank Sinatra, the
Righteous Brothers, and so so so so so so so so so many more.  Sometimes I sing
along in elevators or bookstores without realizing it.  When somebody
sings the first line of a song and laughs, saying they don't know the
rest of the words, i can always finish it.  I think that's why I turned
to (what was then called) "alternative" music as a pre-teen: in hopes of
finding songs that I didn't already know the words to and that dad would
never attempt to play on the piano.  With my luck, he'll discover B&S too.

Ever-exagerrating,
Kristen