Sinister: Gatorade?

Andy Fox AFox at xxx.com
Fri Feb 13 19:05:21 GMT 1998

Gatorade is named as it is because it was developed by scientists at
the University Of Florida to help keep their athletes hydrated during
practices and games.  The University of Florida's moniker is "Gators"
hence "Gatorade"......

>> Believe it or not, but Gatorade isn't an international thing
either.

  Gatorade is a sports beverage that is supposed to incresase your
athletic performance with carbohydrates and electrolytes and other
things.  Parents also sometimes give it to their sick children.  I
don't
know why it's called Gatorade, but workmate Kimmy just suggested the
following:

  Gatorade is meant to rehydrate the body, keeping it from getting
(internally, presumably) dry like an alligator.  Any other theories?