Sinister: b&s content

bradford parachute at xxx.net
Sun Feb 15 13:27:25 GMT 1998

hey.
i was in athens last night to see the oh-so-overrated superchunk not
because i love them, but because i love the opening band.......ladybug
transistor.
i know i've mentioned them before and those of you who haven't heard of
them probably do what i do when i hear about some little known obscure
indie band and i just go "ah poo" to myself quietly and forget i ever
heard about them. you betta recognize.
if it weren't for "iyfs", then ladybug transistor "beverley atonale"
would've been the best piece of something to come out since sometime
before.
anyway, for the b&s content i alluded to......
i was talking to the ladybug boys and girls and talk got around to our
beloved b&s and the singer said, and i quote "i worship the fucking
ground they walk on" and then one of the girls (the bass player) nodded
her head in agreement. and then mac superchunk walked out and he heard
us talking about them and pretty soon the club was almost transformed
into the church of belle and sebastian. it was quite a moment. and you
should've seen the glow on the faces of the ladybug people and mac
superchunk when talking of b&s. it was almost as if we were all talking
of some sacred lost shrine that's gonna save the world. i guess it was
just cool that fairly famous (or at least recognizable) people feel the
same way we do about the band.
anyway, i guess that wasn't much b&s content, but it was more than i
usually have.
oh yeah......go purchase ladybug transistor "beverley atonale". it's on
merge in the states. not sure about overseas. stay away from their first
album "marlborough farms" (for now).

-brad