Sinister: Lovin' Spoonful

Perfection As A Hipster Andreas.Hering at xxx.de
Sun Feb 15 15:18:06 GMT 1998

Jonathan Wren wrote ...

>Perfection As A Hipster wrote:
>
>> The Duke Of Harringay wrote ...

A quick one, since you haven't quoted my remarks anyway and your thoughts
will surely be dealt with by Alistair, unless he unsubscribed ...

>An apology. And the only thing I am going to apologise for: I should not
have used
>the words "insipid cack". This was wrong a) because it wasn't a considered
response
>b) because it is the sort of dismissive remark that I'd probably find/have
found
>equally annoying when people use such easy words in dismissing a band I love;
>Oasis. Yes, that one.

Yes, that one is actually the oasis of "insipid cack". §;^D

... that was a joke, the debut album was alright ... not very original, though.

>What I won't apologise for is not agreeing that liking Loving Spoonfull is a
>necessary requirement for loving  B&S.  This is simply because of the fact
that the
>particular song (and I can't comment on the rest of their songs) did not
move me;

The obvious problem is that you've drawn early conclusions after
encountering one single song by a band called Loving Spoonfull ... do
yourself a favour and check out the band formerly known as *Lovin' Spoonful*
(instead ?) ...

>BTW I'm gonna be living in Exeter next year so I hope the massed ranks of
LS fans
>there don't come and kick the shit out of me...

Alistair, I'm afraid we have to postpone my visiting plans ... how about
next year ? §;^D

"Take the skinheads bowling" (Camper Van Beethoven)

Andreas

The rain it raineth on the just
And also on the unjust fella
But more upon the just because