Sinister: Cold turkey

Schaffenberger kschaffe at xxx.edu
Mon Feb 16 19:06:55 GMT 1998

Quitting cold turkey...hmm...Allow me to present another unpopular
Kristen theory... Seeing as though I jumped off the Turkey-eating wagon
several years back, I may be wrong, but isn't leftover turkey kinda tough
and chewy?  And isn't quitting a habit as difficult as chewing a piece of
said cold turkey?  So, theoretically, maybe one would find getting off
drugs, cigarettes, and the like as hard to do as chew on a piece of
leftover turkey.  Plus, both experiences seem terribly unpleasant.

A wretched sorority (This week is pledge week at my school, so all
sororities seem extra-creepy as they partake in all sorts of activities
designed to embarass their new pledges.) girl was eating a Tigersmilk bar
next to me in my class with the impressive title (Women Journalists in Film
and the Novel).  It had a horrible odor.  Something like raisins and maple
syrup and... well, this is a long shot, as I may be the only person that
knows how this smells... the sort of chemical and blueberry scent of the water
inside a glitter-filled snowglobe.  (I broke a lot of those things when I
was a kid.)  If you still really want one, though, try a health food
store.  If all else fails, email me and I will personally select an appealing
flavor for you and have it delivered to your home.  But really, try shopping
around first.  I'm afraid to touch the things.

Kristen