Sinister: le pastie de la newbie...

LNDuggan at xxx.com LNDuggan at xxx.com
Tue Feb 17 06:57:28 GMT 1998

...no, not really.  I'm actually very happy to be here.  Like the happy
bunnies the signature says we are, this list just keeps on multiplying, and
I'm one of the new members.  So, hi everyone.

My name's leeann, I'm 17, and I'm a new(ish) Belle and Sebastian fan.  I won't
get into my reasons for loving Belle and Sebastian, because I could go on
forever (friends *will* vouch for this).  It's just that the moment I heard
them, I was in love.  Which has never happened to me before.  Which feels
lovely.  Belle and Sebastian make me want to dance about, and I often do, much
to the vexation of my friends.  Well, it's either that or my tuneless banshee
screeching to "Lazy Line Painter Jane"...

I'm also founder, President, and member of my town's Belle and Sebastian fan
club.  Membership is currently in the 1 range, reflecting a staggering growth
of 100% over last year's membership.  The club began as a cheap ploy to lure
these two Belle and Sebastian fans that my friends told me about over to my
house, but has evolved into much more than that.  Club activities now include
comparing sketches of what we imagine the band members to look like, checking
coin return slots in pay phones to finance a trip to New York when B and S
tour, and learning just enough guitar to play "Me and the Major".  Plus my mum
sells the ultra-rare, indie label, out of print Tigermilk candy bars after
meetings!  Totally pristine these are, never been licked or bitten into, for
the bargain-basement price of $120.  You're all invited to the next meeting,
of course.  I'm getting sort of tired of bossing myself about...

yours,
leeann

"being a rebel's fine / but you go all the way / to being brutal"