Sinister: re: white horses

andrew dean koogydelbbog at xxx.com
Tue Feb 17 17:35:31 GMT 1998

Sinister: White Horses?

Andy Arnette (aarnette at vt.edu)
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 18:49:54 +0500

>Got A Question...
>On a tape of 'Tigermilk' that I recently borrowed from a friend there is
>a song at the end with Isobel singing something about White Horses. Does
>anybody know what this song is? My friend claims it's a cover but is
>anyone familiar with the original? I don't have a clue but any help
>would be greatly appreciated.

um, that'll be my fault... 8)

no, the song on the end of that tape is 'white horses' by Jacky (and i
know, i put it there!). it was a hit in the late 60s and is a theme tune
to a kids' tv show about, duh!, white horses that aired in the early 70s
on bbc tv, saturday mornings before whatever 'live and kicking' was
called in those days. the only thing i remember about it was that it was
dubbed into english and, vaguely, the title sequence. the only other
thing i know she did was a version of the theme tune to 'rupert the
bear' (which has also been covered by lush).

i'd been looking for that for ages when it turned up on one of those tv
theme compilations a few years ago. would make a wonderful thing for b&s
to cover cos all the classic elements are already there, the voice, the
melody and those mournful trumpets... must send a tape of it to the
band... 8)

andy
where the clouds are made of candy floss...