Sinister: General ramblings

***Rob B*** rewb2 at xxx.uk
Tue Feb 17 13:55:19 GMT 1998

Hello happy bunnies

Ha!  I'm in a good mood today - we've managed to get our house for next
year, but the best news is that all seven of us bar one are B&S fans, so
we will have the ultimate B&S community.  You can all come round for
picnics and wild parties on long summer evenings.

Has anybody got the lyrics to 'The loneliness of the middle distance
runner'?  I got a copy of this a few days ago (cheers Stuart!), and I was
trying to work them out, but there are bits that still make absolutely no
sense the way I hear them.  Is it going to be on the next EP?  Hope so,
it's become one of my favourite B&S songs.

Speaking of which, I was listening to '...Sinister' yesterday, and it
dawned upon me why I hadn't voted on the fanclub site...  as each song
started it instantly became my favourite song on the album - for different
reasons, the title track because of the lyrics, such wonderful lyrics like
'...' oh there's no need to write them down, you know them as well as i
do.  And the gloriously sad but beautiful 'the boy done wrong again', 'all
that i wanted was to sing the saddest song, and if you will sing along, i
will be happy..' The emotions i go through in one hearing of the album
range right through tears and elation - there's a song for every mood, and
it all combines to create a masterpiece of unimaginable beauty.  Sorry,
i'm blathering now, it's just something really beautiful only comes along
every now and again, and sometimes this album hits home so much that i'm
just in awe of it.

Can anybody tell me about Serge Gainsbourg? - I got a couple of CDs of his
a week ago - 'comic strip' and 'le jazz dans le ravin', and I am very
impressed by them - it's just I've heard his name mentioned on the list
before.  These two albums are compilations, I think, but I was wondering
if there are any other records that I should get by him?

Ah well, I'll be going now then

Love, Rob xx

P.S. a couple of amusing belle and sebastian anagrams, if you like that
sort of thing:
		Intense baseball ad
		Absent slain beadle