Sinister: the debilitating effects of chumbawamba

_____ benjamin at xxx.com
Tue Feb 17 20:34:44 GMT 1998

No effects have been empirically discerned from Chumbawumba going over to
the side of capital, except that every single major movie that isn't
Titanic uses "Tubthumping" in its trailer. Apparently that song is played
continually at ice hockey games as well.

To be honest anything that evangelizes the practice of pub singing to my
fellow americans is something I cannot quibble with. When drunk, the best
my countrymen can muster is "Bye Bye Miss American Pie," except for New
Years, when they "sing" the first line of "Auld Lang Syne."

Fuck it to that plan to make people pay for university, by the way. The
main result in the US since the end of the post-war policy of socializing
tuition has been the stratification of the universities into very rigid
tiers, where movement of twats into the upper middle class is held up as a
trophy: "see, we're meritocratic!"