Sinister: uk kids tv, session dates, tigermilk, list crushes...

andrew dean koogydelbbog at xxx.com
Wed Feb 18 18:40:54 GMT 1998

p miller:
>As I recall, there wasn't anything like Live and Kicking on BBC until
>Multi.Coloured Swap Shop opened its doors for business, it was just a
>collection of kid's programmes such as Zorro, The Flashing Blade and the
>Banana Splits

yeah, i thought white horses was a bit before the swap shop type stuff.
wasn't sure though. what i do remember (apart from the flashing blade
and robinson crusoe) were the two or three informative sport type
things, little educational things to teach you how to ride horses(?),
swim or, and this was the oddest, fence...

rocker at andyclin.exnet.com
>The second of the two BBC Radio One Mark Radcliffe Show sessions was
>broadcast live on 02/12/96. (NB, english date format)

are you sure? i have it down as being in early november - i first saw
them live on the 11th november and *think* i remember having heard
'modern rock song' before then - he asked for a local equivalent of
'easterhouse' for inclusion in the lyrics.

oh, and the evening session tracks were repeated in december, exact
dates will be in the mail archives somewhere.

allison:
>so i am sitting
>here a slightly flushed from dancing american girl who spent the evening
>running from the lecherous advances of a spurious boy with a ponytail
>and trying to scheme a way to the uk this summer as well...
>hoorah!

>i apologise also because this really is quite unrelated to belle and
>sebastian things... its just about me...

but hey, allison, that's ok cos it was interesting and has the same FEEL
as a B&S song. i'd much rather read posts like this than posts asking if
some press release about new order is to be believed. i mean, how
relevant is that? and why does he think WE'd know, the buttmunch... he's
not the only one either.

MATTHEW M STEAD (M-STEAD at wpg.uwe.ac.uk)
>Help me. Everyone talks about Tigermilk and I still havn't heard
>it! Is it possible that anyone could send me a copy. I'm getting
>desperate now!

you're getting desperate NOW? 18 months after the album was released? go
and read the archives (just the last couple of weeks will do) before
sending another request for the list...

tag:
>I just saw a Canadian film called 'Twilight of the Ice Nymphs', but
>sadly it wasn't about Genevieve.

are there any other list crushes that people want to divulge? 8)

oh, and watch 'the conversation' on tv (UK) this weekend. pity it
clashes with both 'before sunrise' and 'red sorghum' though... and 'this
morning with richard not judy'...

andy