Sinister: P.E. teachers

Richard rclander at xxx.net
Wed Feb 18 11:01:27 GMT 1998

As I feel partly responsible for starting this thread I will add my own
experience of school days misery.

The head of the PE department was called Mr Jolly [honestly!] who was jolly
by name but certainly not by nature. He demonstrated to the class how to
throw a basketball by throwing it at me. Unfortunately he threw it without
warning and it hit me in the face. Another highlight was stopping our group
in the middle of a bitterly cold cross country run for a bit of long jumping
over the river. After the first few fell in [including myself, I am no star
of track and field] he sent Bradley Miller up to jump over next. Brad didn't
quite make it, falling in the river and breaking his ankle on a submerged
rock in the process. Jolly had to carry him on his back all the way back to
school taking several stops to get his breath back on the way to do it.

And they say they are the happiest days of your life

Richard
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/4039573
rclander at netfront.net