Sinister: Stuart M request, guaranteed no Columbo content

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Feb 18 15:05:45 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
De: Honey <honey at Majordomo.net>
Para: sinister at majordomo.net <sinister at majordomo.net>
Fecha: miƩrcoles 18 de febrero de 1998 14:58
Asunto: Sinister: Stuart M request, guaranteed no Columbo content

Mad Dog Murdoch wrote:

>A couple of other things. When we are locked in the studio together a topic
is
>sometimes raised that takes on greater and greater importance the more we
>argue about it. Could you tell us your views on these simple matters?
>
>*What makes a biscuit a biscuit and a bar a bar? For example, Twix, biscuit
or
>bar? 5,4,3,2,1 bar or biscuit? Which treat surfs the elusive dividing line
the
>best?

I think the problem here stems from the advertisers charged with promoting
"Club" in the early to mid seventies. First of all they had us all singing
"If you want a lot of choclate on your biscuit, join our club"
Just as punk was beginning to take off, they changed it to:
"Bar, bar, bar, bar bar of club
Bar, bar, bar, bar bar of club"
and so on, leaving a generation of chocolate coated snack lovers in a
terrible quandry as to what constitutes a bar, and what constitutes a
biscuit.
After 700 years working in United Biscuits, formerly Meredith and Drew, my
dad should know. If not, I'm sure he'll make something up.

>*Who is the most famous living person?

Michael Jackson, the King of Pop.

>Lastly, thanks Keith Watson for answering some of the new mailers so
nicely.

You big puff, Keith.

Peter