Sinister: Deep Meaningful Lyrical Content.

Adrian Evans aevans at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 18 13:58:49 GMT 1998

Greetings each.
Well following on from the previous offerings, here goes.
My top 8 lyrics that have got me where I am now.

1)	"We are here, We are Rons 22.  Hear the roar, Of the Red White and Blue...This time more than any other time, this time...We're gonna find a way, find a way to get away this time, Getting it all together...We'll get it right."

c.1982 - England World Cup Squad. When football songs were football songs, and Kevin Keegan had a nasty perm.

2)	"Oh...We hate Argyle and we hate Argyle, we hate Argyle and we hate Argyle.  We hate Argyle and we hate Argyle...We are the Argyle haters.  We hate Argyle. We hate Argyle. We hate Argyle."

c.Whenever - Various artists, The Cowshed, St James Park, Exeter.
Dedicated to Tim Hopkins on away days.

3)	" Underground overground Wombleing free, the Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we"

The wombles...1970 something through 1980 something....probably.  It's the only childrens program with a theme with words that I can remember.  Otherwise I'd have 'em all in.

4)	" You are my City, my only City. You make me happy, when skies are Red/White/Black."
c.Whenever - Various artists, The Cowshed, St James Park, Exeter.
Dedicated to Tim Hopkins on away days.

5)	"Here are the young men - a weight on their shoulders, here are the young men but where have they been ?"

Joy Division (Decades/Closer) c.1980 - It appears to be neccessary part of your vinyl collection if you are on the list.

6)	"She will listen to me, when I want to speak about the world we live in, and life in general.  Though my views maybe wrong, they may even be perverted, she'll hear me out and won't easily be converted...."

Depeche Mode (Somebody) - Surely one of their finer moments.

7)	"When she saw the funny side, we introduced my child bride to whisky and Gin."

B&S (The State...IYFS) - not awe inspiring, but I just luv whisky and gin.

8)	"Will it be Arsenal will it be Spurs, 'ere's what she said to me. Wash your mouth out son, and get your fathers gun, then shoot the Tottenham scum, Que Sera Sera."

Various artists - The North Bank, Highbury. London N5 1BU.
Always brought a smile to my face !

Exit.
Adrian.