Sinister: important stuff

C Browning C.Browning-95 at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 18 17:14:50 GMT 1998

we have carrels in our university library - wher i be sit at this very moment.
"study carrels" to give them their proper name, which sounds a lot grander
than what they really are which is a bit of wood with some other bits of wood
round it to hide whatever you're doing. and inspire bad graffiti. there are
hushed, awe strucken tones given for the special carrels for postgraduate
studnts - ie students who actually want to work - which are dark nooks and
crannies with glass doors. all rather scarey. believe it or not, as part of my
unbelievably dull library studies course we actually have to STUDY optimum use
of desk, carrel and shelf space in a library. and people wonder why i hate my
course so....

nothing interesting, as ever

chris