Sinister: Starting Arguments

Barrett R ronbarrett at xxx.ie
Wed Feb 18 16:01:00 GMT 1998

Hello all

I've only been on the list a few days but I'm already going to start
annoying some people by giving out about stuff I received today.  So here
goes....

Firstly, the wonderfully-named MCTAG sent a message around with perfectly
worthy sentiments about the England football team and Man Utd.  While I
actually hate the latter with a vengeance that is a bit worrying, and I
certainly don't have any affection for the former either, there is no need
for his header comment "Always look on the runway for ice".  For those of
you who don't know or care about these things, this is a song that some
football fans used to sing at Man U fans because of the deaths of a number
of their team 40 years ago in Munich on an icy runway.  Slag the Man U
scummers about anything else and I'd be in complete agreement but this is
just not funny.  Sorry mate.

Secondly, in response to Andrew Dean, it made my day to read of rumours of
New Order reforming from a previous writer so some of us are interested,
just as some of us seem to be interested in Brick Supply and PE Teachers the
world over.  Also,  your snooty/snotty comment about the lad who wanted a
copy of Tigermilk is a bit unfair.  The fact that it was released 18 months
ago doesn't mean that he had heard of B&S before last week.  I thought that
this sort of "I've been into the band longer than you" nonsense was banned
from this list. I'm another person who hasn't heard Tigermilk and I'm sure
there's plenty of others out there too.

Ranting over, can I just say how much I'm enjoying reading everything - it
all helps keep me sane while bored out of my head at work. One final point -
the Trembling Blue Stars review that was sent around earlier was written by
the same bloke (I think) that gave ...Sinister  five out of ten back in Nov
96, so his taste is up his arse.  Having said that, the stuff I've heard off
the TBS album does sound great and I've been searching the record shops of
Dublin trying to find it to no avail.

Byeee

Ronan