Sinister: re: Pazz and Jop

Angelina.DeGiovanni at xxx.com Angelina.DeGiovanni at xxx.com
Thu Feb 19 14:12:49 GMT 1998

Anycase, just to let the good kids on this list know--if ya ain't on the
NYC tip--that the Village Voice just printed their annual Pazz and Jop
insert.  It's basically a chance for Robert Christagau to drop kewl words
like "electronica" and "unfettered access".  Watch the oxford dictionary
change before your very eyes!  magic!

As for B+S, they made it to #18 on his list, and to the top 10 on two
other "contributor's" lists as well.  There were 2 comments made by
readers about Belle and Sebastian that, if I had the copy in front of me,
I would share with all of you.  But for now, suffice that one was pro-Stu,
the other anti-Stu.  Whilst the Spice Girls get a headline and a near page
devoted to their "wings of a butterfly in South America" affect.

I will try to get a copy of the voice and share the exact numbers and
opinions.

francisco

the results on www.villagevoice.com