Sinister: Most Famous Person

Ruth McCurry 100670.3522 at xxx.com
Thu Feb 19 15:28:24 GMT 1998

This is a subject close to my heart. The novel that I'm planning to write
(don't get too excited - it's been at the planning stage since 1992) kind
of revolves around the most famous person thing: but in terms of empathy
rather than just pure fame.

Whose death (apart from Di, obviously) would cause such an outpouring of
grief around the world that it would be possible to shift hangarloads of
vaguely related merchandise in minutes?

The usual suspects (Jacko, Madonna, etc) don't convince me: I just don't
believe enough people love them.

I think I have the answer, but any suggestions would be gratefully
received.

Old Bands: have Jesse Garon and the Desperados been mentioned yet? For
about six months in the mid-eighties they were the loveliest thing on the
planet.

Love,

DAVID