Sinister: No B&S Content, just Add N To X wibblings

Paul Dean Paul.Dean at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 20 12:31:57 GMT 1998

Huw

Phew maybe i got to you just in time. Add N to X are a slightly strange
3-some from London. They play the moog & that knob twiddling thing that
just goes wwwwhaaaaaaa at higher frequencies till you're ears hurt
(theramine??!!sp?)& related Drum machines in a slightly mad slowed down
charlatans instrumental way - looking at that description that makes
them sound utter bobbins but they're not. On the web they are described
thusly

"ADD N TO X is "Avant Hard". "Avant Hard" is the title for their
         music a sort of cross between Manic Street Preachers, Suicide,
         Kraftwerk and Throbbing Gristle"  ummmm!

They are a hundred times cleverer than Air, more inventive & for a band
with no vocals strange as it may sound i find them funny. Air are
probably the wrong band to compare but when i bought Mobile Safari i was
expecting it to sound like the 12"s that i had by N to X. They released
2 on their own label 'Satellite', King Wasp & The Black Regent/Murmur
One, which are very nice items. King Wasp came in with a 3d picture on
thesleeve with some spex in with the record & The Black Regent had a man
with a welding mask on with part of it cut out for a sheet of Add N to X
plastic to poke out behind....oh yes the tunes are good as well & both
are on the LP 'On The Wires On Our Nerves' - Go Buy

They also had a LP out in 1996 called Veros Electronics

Look for more info on http://www.blowup.demon.co.uk/addntox/index.htm

Let me know if you're convinced & then on monday you can give me a good
ear-bash for wasting your hard earned pennies. Ha-Ha

Cheers
Paul.