Sinister: Most Famous Person

Puzzle Trail rod at xxx.com
Fri Feb 20 13:22:28 GMT 1998

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Ruth McCurry wrote:

> Whose death (apart from Di, obviously) would cause such an outpouring of
> grief around the world that it would be possible to shift hangarloads of
> vaguely related merchandise in minutes?

The Queen Mum, Godblessur.  She's 99 you know, and survived the blitz.

Imagine what would happen if she died during the World Cup.  Second half
of the final, Scotland v England (I know, I know, but let me have a little
dream), five minutes to the end, scores equal, Scotland get awarded a
penaly kick and...

Buckingham Palace have announce the death of HRH Elizabeth, The Queen
Mother.

It's going to happen, believe me.

Rod.

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |