Sinister: Stop! Look! Listen! ideed.

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Feb 20 15:53:31 GMT 1998

Big Tackle suggested that Stuart was taking the piss by asking about
biscuits. I'm no mind reader, but I don't think there was any malice
involved, more a case of joining in the "fun".

Three attempts to introduce a bit of B&S content while we wait for the
Monday Poem:

1) How about an ink polaroid of the contract signing ceremony, Katrina? Or a
bit more detail. I don't mean the financial ins and outs, just a bit of
background for those of us who don't know how these things work. For
instance, does each member have their own contract, or is it a joint
contract, meaning that they are legally bound to each other as well as to
Matador? What happens if Sarah Martin decides to leave the band due to the
pressures of raising a family with Christopher Alexander Leonard? That kind
of thing...

2) What are Stuart M and the unnamed catfish on the cover of 3..6..9
laughing about?

3) I'm just listening to the marvellous Jimmy Webb's "Archive 1970-1977",
something I don't do very often. There is a song called "Feet in the
Sunshine" which sounds remarkably similar to "Ease Your Feet in the Sea".
It's a gorgeous song, in fact it's a gorgeous album. In fact, it's so
gorgeous I can't for the life of me work out why people buy new records when
there are so many nice old ones. New records should be banned. But that's
beside the point, what I really want to know is whether or not it's a
deliberate tribute to the author of "Lady Fits Her Blue Jeans" or just
coincidence. I would dearly like to look like Jimmy Webb on the back cover
of this album - stylish, self-assured, Georgie Best haircut, proper
cufflinks.

Peter

"on the Peking ferry I was feeling merry" - Rod Stewart