Sinister: I like Rod

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Feb 20 19:06:28 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
De: Suke Lyewalker <rod at begbie.com>
Para: Strange Bed-Fellows <sinister at majordomo.net>
Fecha: viernes 20 de febrero de 1998 18:41
Asunto: Sinister: Re: Digger$

The Green Cross Code Man wrote:

>> Besides, the interesting personnel in the earlier Digger$ involved
someone
>> with the initials SM actually reading messages like yours ... you're
making
>> yourself dead popular.

I'm sure Sarah Martin won't mind Rod expressing a less than enthusiastic
opinion of her previous band. After all, she must have asked for a transfer
for a good reason. I'm no mind reader, but I wouldn't be surprised if she
objected to playing in a band with a dollar sign in their name. Whatever, I
hardly think Sarah will blow her top if she does read Rod's message, and Rod
would certainly be in need of psychiatric help if he changed his opinions
just to please her, or anyone else who might be reading. Especially when the
opinion in question was so innocuous. What did he say? "slightly dull"?
Personally I've never heard the band in question, but I'm not going to rush
out and listen to them and then say they're really good just because Sarah
Martin lays down a bit of extra Stylophone on side two.

>> Oh well ... I should follow the Duke Of Harringay's example and
unsubscribe
>> ... too many "Dedicated followers of fashion" and starstrucked teenagers
out
>> there.

That's your decision, but I think it is a bit ironic coming in the same
sentence as a reference to "starstrucked teenagers". I dread to think how
many messages I've read on this list over the years, but I'm yet to
encounter anything from a "starstrucked teenager" or a "Dedicated follower
of fashion", not that I have anything against those groups of people. I'm
quite starstrucked, but I'm not a teenager. I follow the herd quite a lot,
I've seen "Titanic" and I own a copy of "Urban Hymns". I buy my clothes in
Marks and Spencer. I am starstrucked enough to stand around for two hours in
the hope of catching a glimpse of Keanu Reeves. I watch the television
programmes that get the biggest audiences (they are football matches) and
was really really starstrucked when I saw the legendary Barcelona "dream
team" at close quarters. Hristo Stoichkov is my favourite.

>Anyone fancy a Hobnob?

Yes, I'd like a Hobnob, thank you Rod. Did you know that they were the most
successful product launch in the history of United Biscuits? They used to
own Pizzaland and Wimpy, you know, but they sold them as part of a
rationalisation process. The Windy Ridge snack factory in Ashby-de-la-Zouch
is one of the most advanced in the world....the bloke who invented Outer
Spacers is a really bad driver and has a terrible temper...

Peter

"Eating walnut cheese from Harrod's. Recording at Trident, spending money,
hurting bad." - Jimmy Webb