Sinister: Catchers (non B&S)

Yummycats at xxx.com Yummycats at xxx.com
Sat Feb 21 19:18:31 GMT 1998

In a message dated 98-02-21 11:37:03 EST, samiam2 at ix.netcom.com writes:

<< The Catcher's album 'Mute' is terrific.  I think B&S fans would fancy
 the atmosphere of their music.  I recall an article comparing them to
 the Cranberries a few years ago.  Other than the fact they're both Irish
 and play somewhat jangly guitar pop, I don't quite see the connection.
 The lyrics are quite different from the Cranberries.  In my opinion,
 their music is somewhat reminiscient of mid-80s REM.  Other than the new
 single, the only releases I know of is the album 'Mute' and the EP
 'Shifting' (which might be a promo, not an official release). >>

I had a chance to see them open up for the Innocence Mission, but they got
mysteriously ill.  I'm guessing what really happenned is they looked out at
the audience and saw that there were only 80 people out there and took off to
a bar.