Sinister: native naivete

Richard Anderson R.J.Anderson at xxx.uk
Mon Feb 23 00:16:03 GMT 1998

PKHINTZ at aol.com wrote:

>         Now that the "git" question is somewhat resolved, would any UK listees be
> willing to share what exactly are "blinkers" and who (or what) is Sid
> James--is it a cat, broccoli, Elvis?  I was not brought up British so those
> are utterly lost on me.>

Sid James is a star from all those rather fabby carry on movies and
suchlike purveyed by British Cinema to all and sundry.  They contained
jokes about Knockers and Matrons.  They were funny.  He might have been
in On The Busses.  The reason he is on the telly speaking to sebastian
like god is because they always show them around 11 ish when students
etc are just waking up.  Am i the only person who hasn't got round to
buying sinister yet?

	Richard Anderson
http://www.dur.ac.uk/PurpleFM/presenters/anderson.html