Sinister: Yaa, yaa yaa [NBSC]

Paul Dean Paul.Dean at xxx.uk
Mon Feb 23 10:35:23 GMT 1998

I thought Sid was South African. There's a blue plaque dedicated to him
on a house on the North Circular just past Ealing

The NME once reported that Bradford were to release a song called 'Laugh
Like Sid James'. Sadly, it never happened

I'll go now.

Paul.

Thanksto all  for the 3 o clock info.

Two more posers

1 - once at the reading festival i heard a song on the p.a that
contained the line' Pristine Christine' & NO it wasn't The Sea Urchins.
It sounded like Julian Cope

2 - When at university i used to get up in the middle of the night to
tape 'transmission' on itv. It was the mtv indie show & was presented by
a lovely ginge called Rachael. Anyway i used to tape the best bits &
watching it all again a while back there is a really good pop song by a
bunch of typical indie kids circa 1989 - lots of flowery skirts & brown
suede. Two guys, the lead singer has brown curly hair & the obligatory
tamborine girl had a blonde bob. The chorus went something like
'Today...is turning out to be a ??????' I always hoped i'd buy it one
day on a compilation without realising . & then playing it & being
really happy, but i guess after 9 (gulp!) years that romantic notion
will never happen. Can anyone help? If so mail me privately as i realise
that this is probably all a bit tedious....